COVID-19 AND GAMES THAT MAY BE FORFEITED or CANCELLED - (AUGUST 29, 2021)
- August 29, 2021 the season is scheduled to start as planned on Thursday September 9th, 2021.
- In the scenario that a game gets forfeited, cancelled or rescheduled BEFORE the pick deadline, then the player must make a new pick for that week.
- In the scenario that a game gets forfeited, cancelled or rescheduled AFTER the pick deadline, then the players pick will be Defaulted to the Most Favored Team (see below "Default Pick to Use" section).
- Your Pool Admin may be manually making the Default Picks for you depending on the timing of when the game gets cancelled.
- Your Pool Admin is the Final Authority and may have different rules than this for COVID-19.
- Pick one team each week that you think will Win (for Winners Pool) or Lose (for Losers Pool).
- If the team you pick loses, you get eliminated from the pool.
- You can be let back in (if your Pool Admin allows).
- Ties count as a win or loss (depending on your Pool Admin setting).
- Pool ends when there is one player left who survives the longest!
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to verify that the pick you made is the correct one you wanted for the player you are logged in as and the week that you are making the pick for.
- You must double check that your player pick has recorded on the website properly AFTER you have submitted your pick from your cell phone, tablet or computer.
- Your official pick is the pick displayed on the websites Player Home and Standings screens.
- Email notifications for the pick you made is only a confirmation, your official pick is what has been recorded on the website.
- Teams that you have already picked will automatically be removed from the remaining week game board (depending on your Pool Admin setting).
PICK DEADLINE EXCEPTIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON:
- You must have your pick in BEFORE THE START of the FIRST Thursday (see exceptions below) or Sunday regular season game depending on your Pool Admin's setting.
- For the Playoffs, the Pick Deadline for BOTH Thursday and Sunday Pick Deadline Pools changes to first game Saturday for Week 18 (Wildcard Games) and Week 19 (Division Games).
- The new Week begins every Tuesday at 3AM from Week 1 to Week 16 and Monday 3AM from Week 17 to Week 22 during the Football season.
- LONDON, ENGLAND GAMES - THERE ARE NO LONDON GAMES FOR 2021 SEASON - THE EARLY 9:30AM LONDON GAMES ARE LIKE PICKING THURSDAY GAME WHEN THE PICK DEADLINE IS SUNDAY 1PM E.S.T.
- Week 17 - THERE ARE NO THURSDAY GAMES SO THE THURSDAY PICK DEADLINE IS THE FIRST SUNDAY GAME JANUARY 2rd, 2022 at 1:00 PM E.S.T.
- Week 18 - THERE ARE NO THURSDAY GAMES SO THE THURSDAY PICK DEADLINE IS THE FIRST SUNDAY GAME JANUARY 9th, 2022 at 1:00 PM E.S.T.
Default Auto Pick
Regular Season Only
- Your Pool Admin will have the Default Pick setting either turned "ON" or "OFF". Pay attention to this setting and read the next bullet points.
- If your Pool Admin has this setting turned "ON". If you leave your pick blank (or forget to make a pick) and the week has BEGUN, you haved missed the deadline. Your pick will then be turned over to the Default Auto Pick (see Default Pick to Use below).
- If your Pool Admin has this setting turned "OFF". If you leave your pick blank (or forget to make a pick) and the week has BEGUN, you haved missed the deadline. Since you have made no pick and your Pool Admin has Default Auto Pick set to "OFF", you have no pick and it will be a loss.
- The Default Auto Pick is for the regular season only.
Default Pick to Use
- Sunday Pick Deadline Pools and Default Auto Pick
Favorite / Underdog
- There is a Pool Setting called "Default Pick Disable Games Before Sunday". This is for SUNDAY Pick Deadline Pools only and Use Default Pick = YES.
- If your Pool Admin has Default Pick Disable Games Before Sunday= "ON", then only Sunday Monday games will be used for the order of the Default Pick.
- If your Pool Admin has "Default Pick Disable Games Before Sunday = "OFF", THERE IS A SCENARIO when the Default Pick is a Thursday game and the Pick Deadline is Sunday, in this scenario the players are allowed to take advantage of knowing the result of the game and can leave their pick blank and let the Default Auto Pick make that pick for them on Sunday. In any dispute, your Pool Admin is the Final Authority.
- If your Pool Pick Deadline is Thurday then all games on the board will be used for the Default Pick order.
Monday Night Game Home / Away
- Depending on your Pool Admin setting, your Default Pick may be the most favorable or least favorable team on the game board for the week.
- The Default Pick order will be based on the spreads taken from ODDS SHARK Live Odds web page.
- When there are point spread ties, the order posted on Survivor Default Picks screen will be the order your default pick will be determined.
- Depending in your Pool Admin setting, your Default Pick may be the Monday Night Home Team or Away Team.
- For WEEK 18, since there is no Monday Night game, if you leave your pick blank (or forget to make a pick) and the week has BEGUN, you have missed the deadline. Since you have made no pick and there is no Monday Night game, you have no pick and it will be a loss.
- If the Monday Night pick is a pick you have already selected previously then you will have no Monday Night pick and that will counted as a No Pick loss.
- If you have made any future picks, your future picks will be factored in as teams already picked when determining the default pick that you will be assigned for the week.
Let Me Back In
- If your Pool Admin has a "Let Me Back In" to the pool, the teams you have selected that have died will remain as your picks and you cannot pick them again.
- You must contact your Pool Admin to let them know that you want back in so the can mark you back as ALIVE.
- The deadline to "Let Me Back In" is 1 hour before the first game of the Week.
The following all depends on how your Pool Admin wants to run their own pool but here are the general rules for surviving into the Playoffs:
- Your Pool Admin must have the setting "Pool Extends into Playoffs" = ON.
- In the event there is more than one player still ALIVE after Week 17, the remaining players will continue to pick into the playoffs.
- If your Pool Admin has "Reset Playoffs Picks" = NO, then Players can only pick the remaining teams they have left going into the playoffs.
- Pay attention to this setting as it will effect the teams you pick during the regular season.
- If your Pool Admin has "Can Pick Same Team Again" = YES, this setting will not matter.
- If your Pool Admin has "Reset Playoffs Picks" = YES, then you can pick the playoffs teams as if a new season has started.
- In the event that a player doesn't have a pick left in the playoffs, they are eliminated from the pool. For example, if you pick the Cardinals in the wildcard and the Texans in the AFC championship and they both go to the Superbowl you will have no pick going into the Superbowl therefore you are dead.
- Double Elimination Pools and Playoff Picks
- For Double Elimination Pools and in the scenario when a Player has made it all the way to the Playoffs without 1 strike. That player cannot leave their pick blank (No Pick Loss) to their first stike in order to have an extra team to pick for the remainder of the playoffs.
- You must always make a pick for the playoffs.
- Emailed picks are generally not accepted.
- It is your Pool Admin discretion to accept an emailed pick.
- You should always use the website to make your pick.
End of Pool
- The pool ends when there is one player left that has survived the longest!
- In the event when there is more that one player that has survived the longest after a death, then the pool admin will decide whether to end the pool now or mark the players back to alive to continue on.
Pool Admin - House Rules
- Your Pool Admin has the right to review all disputes on a case-by-case basis and will be final authority on all decisions affecting the contest with the goal being to keep it fair and fun for all!