Introduction to USAFootballPools.com and how this website works
Hello and welcome to USAFootballPools.com. This website is build for you to make running your football pool as easy as possible. Below is a high level introduction to this website and how it works. Use this as a guide if you are new to the website and are ready to get started to run your pool.
- Pool Admin = You are the Pool Administrator, also known as Commissioner, League Owner.
- Player Name = All your players in your pool must create a Player Name to play, also know as Team Pick, Picks.
- Pool ID = The name of your Pool, also know as Team Name, League Name.
- Player Home = Is the home page for the Player logged in as to make a pick for that player.
- Admin Home = The home page for the Pool Admin to run the pool.
- My Player List = Screen that displays the details for all your players.
- My Friends - Master List = Screen where you add all your friends and to then create all your pool invitations from.
- My Pool Invitations = Screen where you maintain all your pool invitations.
- Player Management = Screen where you manage a single player details.
How This Website WorksThe website is based on the following steps with most of them happening before the season starts:
- First, register on the website with your email and password.
- Once registered and your email has been confirmed, create a new pool with a unique pool name.
- Each season you can change your Pool Name or keep the same name as last season.
- Once your Pool Name is created for the new season, go through all the pool settings to make sure you have it set the way you want it to run.
- Save a Welcome Back message if you choose.
- Add all your friends to your "My Friends - Master List" or send us your spreadsheet and we'll get them added for you in one shot.
- When all your friends are set in your "My Friends - Master List", you are ready to create your Pool Invitations.
- Once all your Pool Invitations are created, then any person on your invite list that logs in or registers with the same email address on the invite will be ready to JOIN your pool. They need to click JOIN and on that screen they will see your invitation to join your pool. Invites are based off of the email address you used.
- To spread the word about your pool, you can use the website's Email Blaster to send an email with the "JOIN NOW" link inside it or copy & paste the TEXT version of the invitation into your personal email to blast.
- Any new player that joins your pool that is not on your "My Friends - Master List" will automatically be added to your list for you to use for the next pool you run.
- Players can also join your pool if they know your private pool name.
- After the season starts and your pool is running, the website takes over and does mostly all the work for the remainder of the season.
- That's it!
- Middle of April each year, the website is updated with the new NFL schedule and all the previous season data in wiped out, last seasons pools are no longer available.
- Any time after July 4th long weekend, go ahead and create your new Pool for the new season!